Wednesday, June 27, 2007

And so, it begins...


I’m starting today on a project for Boom! Studios which is going to consume my time and attention for the next four or five months. I’ve signed up to do short monthly series written by Dan Abnett and Ian Edgington, Warhammer 40,000: Blood & Thunder, a story of Orks in the Warhammer 40k universe. I’m planning to use the old blog here to document the process and experience. This means that, hopefully, I’ll be posting a bit more regularly if I have the time. It also means this little blog may finally live up to its name as Orks are very disorderly. I won’t be showing too much of the work here, as it’s intended for publication, but I would like to show some experts and a bit of sketch work as I go. Blood & Thunder #1 should be available for sale sometime in August.

Also, be sure to pick up Warhammer 40,000: Damnation Crusade #6 as I made a small contibution as a last minute fill-in artist.

In other news, I’ve also been doing some storyboard work for a series pitch Workaholic Productions is making to the Discovery Channel. It’s a bit of trying to look at the facts behind oddball science fiction concepts and tabloid newspaper articles (think Weekly World News and such). The story boards so far have been lots of flying saucers and little green men, fun stuff. I’ll try to post some of that here if I’m allowed.

Ok, I need to make some more coffee and start breaking down this first script into layouts. More to come…

No comments: